I Can Read launched our first learning centre in Yangon Myanmar over 3 years ago, we are excited to announce that there will be looking for an additional teacher to join our Yangon teaching team in early October 2020. This year marks a special occasion for I Can Read as we are celebrating 20 years of experience and success across Asia and the Middle East.
Our students are aged between 2.5 and 12 years old. We’re looking for a creative, playful and supportive teacher who is passionate about reaching the educational goals of their students. Through training and professional development, I Can Read teachers will learn to employ a world-class pedagogy to inspire the joy of reading.
Ideally, candidates will already be in Myanmar due to the current border closures; candidates outside the country will also be considered for future positions. Candidates are advised to monitor government websites for the latest updates and travel advisories.
We are looking for committed teachers as we offer a one-year contract starting in October 2020. Our teachers will work five days per week with two consecutive days off on weekdays. Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree and have preferably one year of classroom experience.
Salary and Benefits:
- A competitive monthly salary reflective of Myanmar’s cost of living
- Private room for solo occupancy in a shared apartment in a convenient location
- Sponsored work-visa
- A contract completion bonus
- Paid annual leave in addition to paid public holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Flight reimbursement of up to USD$1100
- Airport pick-up
- In-patient ‘Hospitalisation and Emergency’ cover from teaching commencement date
- A paid comprehensive training/induction programme with I Can Read's Professional Development Team with co-teaching opportunities, followed by ongoing in centre support
- Small class sizes, a maximum of 8 permanent students
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Opportunities to relocate internationally to our other I Can Read centres throughout Asia
If you meet our criteria and are interested in applying please send the following;
- Current CV
- A cover letter clearly stating when you’re available to join us
- A recent Photo
- Scanned copy of your Bachelor's Degree