Assumption College Thonburi is recruiting Primary and Secondary teachers to join their expanding partnership English programme with Bell at Assumption College Thonburi in Bangkok.
This post involves up to 21 hours of classroom teaching per week to Thai students.
Applicants must be able to start work at the beginning of May 2021 and must have experience teaching young learners and/or teenagers. We are not currently accepting international applications (applicants outside of Thailand), due to the current travel restrictions.
Please include a covering letter with your application that clearly outlines your relevant experience and skills. In addition, please identify which role, primary/secondary, you are applying for.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of lessons
- Marking of homework and class work
- Preparation, administration and marking of placement, progress and achievement tests
- Assessment and reporting of student performance
- Development of supplementary materials for core syllabuses or for special courses
- Contributing to the in-service training of Bell colleagues through presentations and workshops
- Attending staff meetings and/or workshops arranged by senior staff
- Assisting with the running of public ELT examinations
We can offer you:
• 50 to 64,000 THB per month
• Annual performance related salary increment of THB4,000
• End of contract bonus equal to 50% of one month’s salary
• 2nd year bonus equal to 150% of one month’s salary
• Small class sizes maximum 20 students
• One-year 12 month renewable contract
• 1 single economy airfare for staff recruited outside of Thailand
• Minimum of 8 weeks paid holiday per year, plus public holidays
• 30% discount + 15,000 THB for administration fees for the distance DELTA qualification
• Extensive in house resources and ELT library to support the distance DELTA qualification
• A strong commitment to providing you with in-service support, training and professional development
• Full Aetna health and medical insurance cover
• Visa and work permit
• Assistance in finding suitable long term accommodation
• Accommodation on arrival
• A personal air conditioned classroom with computer and TV
Candidates must have the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• CELTA / TRINITY qualification (120 TEFL courses are not accepted)
• At least one year’s post qualification experience teaching young learners / teenagers
• Knowledge of Cambridge KET, PET and FCE examinations
• Experience teaching phonics to young learners / teenagers
• Knowledge of Cambridge YLE
• DELTA / TRINITY Dip / MA in TESOL preferred
For our partners Bell provides Employment Agency Services as defined in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Please note, you will be interviewed directly by Assumption College Thonburi. The employer will be Assumption College Thonburi, not Bell.