As an online English teacher, you will be leading the conversation, correcting the students, encouraging them to speak more frequently, and let them enjoy a positive learning experience in your class.
• This is a freelance job. You can teach as many hours as you want, it’s up to you.
• Teaching one on one online.
• 28 minutes or 58 minutes per each class.
• Correcting the students during the class.
• Clients are mostly adults (around 80%).
• You need minimal preparation for classes.
• Steady work schedule. (We never over-hire!)
• Most classes will be free-talk.
• Teach at home! or anywhere with quiet surroundings.
• Flexible Schedule. Use your free time to teach students.
• No minimum hours, nor maximum hours.
• No need for commuting. Saves your time and money.
• Weekly payment via Paypal.
• Tutors will get paid for students' no-shows and students' late cancellations.
• English as a native language.
• Fluent in English with a North American accent.
• Completion of primary and middle school in North America.
• Punctual and professional.
• Strong communication skills.
• Schedule oriented.
• Able to type fast in class to correct students.
• A computer/laptop with a headset, webcam, as well as strong Internet connection.
• A Paypal account with your full name.
• A Skype account.
• A spreadsheet software. (Libre Office, Google Spreadsheets, MS Office, etc.)
• Quiet working environment.
– Do I need to speak some Korean to teach English?
No, Korean students want to study English in English. So the class can be conducted only in English 100 percent.
– Are there teaching materials that teachers can use?
Yes, we have various PDF ebooks that are free to use.
– What devices are required?
A computer/laptop with a headset, webcam, as well as strong Internet connection.
– How often do I get paid? Is it weekly or monthly? What is the payment procedure I must follow?
We pay weekly. Teachers send weekly teaching hours to the manager every week.
– What are the time slots that I can teach?
Our peak times are Monday to Friday 6~10a.m. / Sunday to Thursday 5~9p.m. (EST). Normally mornings (EST) are more popular than evenings. We have more students at that time period so it is easier to get more students if your mornings are available.
– Do I need a bachelor’s degree to be a teacher for CNK English?
No, we have many teachers who are university students. If you meet the requirements above, a degree is not required.
Canadian Dollar :
$15CAD per each 58min class ($7.5CAD per each 28min class)
[Please note that the currency is Canadian Dollar. It's around 11.4USD (2020.08.25 conversion rate)]
E-mail us to ‘[replace]’ with your resume!
To apply, email [replace]
To apply, email [replace]