Bright Scholar Education Group is a NYSE-listed education company based in Foshan, Guangdong, China. Bright Scholar provides K-12 education and after-hours education, currently operating 7 international schools, 15 bilingual schools, 58 kindergartens and 19 Elan Schools. These schools are located across 10 Chinese provinces (Guangdong, Hunan, Hubei, Guizhou, Jiangsu, Shandong, Anhui, Hebei, Gansu and Sichuan) and the 2 municipalities of Beijing and Shanghai. Bright Scholar international schools offer numerous international curricula including IB (PYP, MYP and DP), Cambridge IGCSE and A-Levels, AP Program, and International Foundation Programs. Bright Scholar recruits international teachers for a multitude of interdisciplinary positions and varying grade levels across the country.
EMPLOYMENT COMMENCEMENT DATES
(Detailed openings are not yet confirmed. Please contact the International Talents team for further enquiries)
• February 2021 (minor intake)
• August/September 2021 (major intake)
• Year-round recruitment for after-hours education positions (Beijing/Shanghai/Shenzhen)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
(Salaries and benefit packages are subject to individual school pay scales, which take into account relevant experience and qualifications)
• Paid working permit and medical check-up fees
• Accommodation: furnished apartment or housing allowance
• Flight reimbursement: 6,000-12,000RMB (school determinant)
• Paid meals or food allowance
• Medical and accident insurance
• Paid summer and/-or winter holidays
• Paid national holidays
• Airport pickup + relocation assistance
• English teaching basic salary range: 12,000-25,000 RMB/month
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• 22-60 years of age
• Bachelor’s degree or higher (Education preferred)
• TEFL/TESOL certification minimum (CELTA/DELTA/PGCE/QTS preferred)
• Have an understanding and ability to teach pupils of differing competencies
• Previous experience in an international school preferred
• Must be able to obtain a cleared background check
• English teaching positions require citizens of UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa for visa purposes
• Subject teaching positions require candidates with relevant teaching background in selected subject matter, with IGCSE, A-level and/-or IB teaching experience preferred
CORE PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure the classroom is well-organized for purposeful activity throughout the day.
• Implement and model high standards of work practice and review, critically reflecting, and evaluating own practice.
• Show great individual care and support for the students, promoting learning styles that cater to individual differences to provide engagement in rigorous, relevant, and significant learning.
• Establish clear instructional objectives, making use of core teaching resources and supplementary materials.
• Assess and analyse student progress to inform instruction and provide constructive feedback to promote students’ progress towards standards.
• Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture.
• Participate in a culture of professional learning.
• Work cooperatively with fellow-staff members and administrators as it pertains to specific grade levels and programs.
• Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
• Attend staff meetings, teacher workdays and professional development activities as assigned or recommended.
• Contribute to extracurricular activities on a regular basis.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department.