This opening is needed to be on board ASAP.
- Teach Oral English to classes of around 40 university students
- Fifteen 90-minute classes per week
- Every attempt is made to block teaching hours (no split shifts)
- All classes scheduled M-F 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Curriculum in place, although teachers are encouraged to be creative and supplement lessons with other activities (training/resources provided)
- Opportunities to participate in university extra-curricular activities such as English corner and short-film making competition.
-Location: Jiashan (a satellite city of Shanghai, around 25-min bullet train ride away)
Earlybirds is an organization that works directly with universities and public schools in Shanghai. We are not a recruiter or agency but hire teams of teachers and academic managers for institutions that we work in partnership with. We strive to offer a friendly yet professional environment for teachers wishing to experience life in China.
- Hold a university bachelor degree
- Be a native speaker of English (USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and South Africa)
- Minimum 2-years’ teaching experience
- no teaching experience is needed if you have bachelor degree majored in education, language or teaching, or native teaching license, or qualified international ESL teaching certificates, such as CELTA or TEFL certificate.
- Have a reasonable level of comfort with technology (we use IWB and a variety of applications in the classroom – training provided)
- 15,500 RMB per calendar month (11,000 basic salary + 4500 housing allowance), with paid winter holiday for around 4 weeks
-One week (7 nights) offered in a hotel and help in finding permanent accommodation provided.
- 5,000 RMB end-of-contract bonus (related to completion of contract and performance)
- 5,000 RMB contract-renewal bonus
- Travel allowance up to 8000rmb paid at end of the contract
- Help with costs pertaining to relocation
- offers medical insurance.
- On-going teacher development
- Bilingual staff to assist with housing/cultural issues
- Team dinners/trips to nearby sights