We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic English Language Teachers who can lead and teach in the following specializations:
Foundation English Language courses
English for Academic and Specific Purposes (EAP/ESP) courses
- A Cover letter which includes, teaching philosophy and statement and experience, and concrete descriptions of future plans for research and teaching, etc.
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Minimum Academic & Professional Qualifications: Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics, TESOL, TEFL/TESL or equivalent, plus a BA in the same area of specialization from an internationally recognized and accredited university.
- Certificate/ diploma in TEFL/ TESOL/ EFL/ ESL/ CELTA, etc. is a plus.
- Native English Speakers from the US, Canada, Britain, Ireland, Scotland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, or any other country considered to have Native English language
- For Non-Native English Speakers, English Proficiency is required: Current Academic IELTS exam score of 7 in all skills or equivalent.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of relevant tertiary teaching experience preferred
- Relevant National and international experience is a definite plus.
- Familiar with educational and information communication technologies, learning management systems, platforms and tools used in the higher education sector for personal and professional use.
- Three referees’ contact information including physical, email addresses as well as their telephone contacts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The teacher develops and adapts relevant materials, teaches and assesses courses in the area of expertise such as but not limited to language teaching and learning
- The teacher may be asked to fulfill the role of a social and academic advisor
- The teacher contributes to the work of department, college and university-wide committees
- The teacher contributes to community service activities offered by the University
- The teacher may be assigned other responsibilities by their line manager in keeping with their contractual workload and professional expertise and competencies
How to apply
Please send your CV stating your date of birth and nationality, attested copies of your degrees, certificates and experience letters, previous Oman employers’ recommendation letters, passport, and passport size photo, referring to this ad and indicate your availability date to: [replace]