|Location:||:||Tokyo, Kanto, Japan|
|Shift:||:||First Shift (Day)|
|Career Level:||:||Native English Speaker ( with Degree / with TESOL / TEFL Certificate)|
|Experience:||:||Less Than 1 Year|
|Apply Before:||:||Jul 09, 2024|
Fall 2023 Now Recruiting - Overseas Candidates Welcome!
We are accepting applications for teaching positions: Calling all candidates willing to come to Japan or living here already!
Please read the Application Information for the Fall 2023 Term for more details.
***** UNIVERSITY PROGRAM *****
1) PROGRAM INFORMATION:
We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at universities in Japan. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills while realizing the dream of exploring a foreign country.
- University graduate with a bachelor's and/or more advanced degree, plus one of the following:
a) experience teaching EFL/ESL in a classroom environment, along with a teaching certificate (TEFL/TESL/TESOL) and/or teaching credentials or qualifications (elementary/primary/secondary)
b) 1000+ hours of EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates, credentials or qualifications
* No Japanese language ability is required.
3) CONTRACT PERIOD:
- SPRING TERM -- April / May to July (approx. 3 to 4 months)
- FALL TERM -- September to December / January (approx. 3 to 5 months)
Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi
- Approximately 260,000 yen per month for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification, but less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification who have 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors who have 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching qualifications
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figures listed above.
**** ATTENTION ****
We are also looking for candidates with the following background and experience:
- Master's degree or higher
- Total 3 years’ experience (6 or more terms/semesters) in teaching at university/community college (all subjects)
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students’ lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world.
Find out more about Westgate at https://www.westgatejapan.com/.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website.
- HOUSING can be arranged for 81,000 yen per month which covers rent, utilities, and monthly maintenance fees.
- FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT of up to 1200 USD is offered for those coming from overseas.
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicat... Read More
Views : 1501