Recruitment for Fall 2020
We are currently recruiting cover instructors for Fall 2020 term who are based in Japan for in-class teaching positions.
For details on the University Program, Young Learners Program, and Secondary School English Program, please read the 'Application information for the Fall 2020 term' on our application site.
Please note that entry to Japan from overseas is currently prohibited, and we therefore have to prioritize applicants who are already in Japan.
Overseas applicants are welcome to apply for the Spring 2021 term but we won’t start looking into those applications until October this year.
To minimize the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19, the majority of Westgate staff are working remotely at the moment. Please contact us via the online inquiry form or by email at [replace] if you have any questions. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
***** UNIVERSITY PROGRAM *****
***** YOUNG LEARNERS ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
***** SECONDARY SCHOOL ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
We are seeking highly motivated educators to work flexibly in teaching English at universities, elementary schools, or secondary schools in Japan and help on curriculum development when needed.
- Cover classes at universities, elementary, Jr. high or high schools in classroom or online whenever necessary
- Assist in curriculum development and refinement for Westgate programs when there is no lesson covering required
- University graduate with a bachelor's and/or more advanced degree, plus one of the following:
a) 500+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience along with EFL/ESL teaching certificate and/or elementary/primary/secondary teaching credentials/qualifications
b) 1000+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificate or credentials/qualifications
- Some classroom teaching experience with young learners
* No Japanese language ability is required.
3) CONTRACT PERIOD:
- SPRING TERM - Late March to Late July (approx. 4 months)
- FALL TERM - August to Late March (approx. 7 months)
Universities: Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi
Elementary Schools: Tokyo, Kanagawa, and Aichi
Secondary Schools: Tokyo, Aichi
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figure listed above.
- HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website.
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students’ lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world.
To apply, email [replace]